This is quite enlightening and only takes 10 minutes of your time to watch it, but should you not take the time to do so – here’s the 8 bullet points:
- Syria still has a government owned central bank. One of the last remaining in the world. Just to make you think why this matters: after Ghadaffi’s fall, one of the first things the “rebels” did, was create a new central bank. A privately owned one this time. As CNBC puts it: “Robert Wenzel of Economic Policy Journal thinks the central banking initiative reveals that foreign powers may have a strong influence over the rebels.“
- Syria is without debt to the IMF.
- Syria outlawed the use of genetically modified organisms (GMO) in 2012.
- Syria’s state media does not follow (Western) mainstream rhetoric.
- Syria has its own plans for gas and pipelines.
- Syria opposes Israel.
- Syria is the last secular country in the region.
- Syria, according to the Syrian below, is a country with a strong national identity, where major brands are not as successful as in quite some other countries.
Then compare to the Western viewpoint and make up your own mind.